This page shows demos related to:
- Time synchronization between ROS and Nengo
- Setting up parameters of ROS nodes during launch
There are three main possibilities here:
- Use NengoRos as a TimeMaster (default), where the rest of ROS nodes receives actual time
- Set NengoRos to ignore Time, in this case all ROS nodes will use ros WallTime.
- Use NengoRos as a TimeSlave (experimental). Here, the Nengo simulator (and all its ROS nodes) will wait for new value of time between time steps. A real robotic system or external simulator can be used to provide time here.
More information about sharing time across the ROS network, see here.
Configuring ROS Nodes by Parameters
To learn basics start here.